Suntec Test Questions
prepared by John J. Griffin¹
1. Which fuel units can be used for both lift and gravity feed applications?
2. By manufactures specifications, what is the maximum inlet or return pressure?
3. Suntec fuel units are available in speeds of 3450 rpm, 2850 rpm, 1725 rpm, and 1425 rpm?
4. What is the maximum vacuum the Suntec Model A-7000 series fuel unit, on a 1 pipe installation, can be used on?
5. What is the maximum vacuum the Suntec Model A-7000 series fuel unit, on a 2 pipe installation can be used on?
6. Suntec fuel unit model A-7000 series are used on...
7. Suntec model A-7000 series fuel units can be mounted in what position?
8. What is the adjustable pressure range of a 1725 rpm model A-7000 series fuel unit?
9. What is the adjustable pressure range of a 3450 rpm model A-7000 series fuel unit?
10. The fuel unit model is listed in two places. They are?
11. What is the maximum vacuum the model B-8000 series can be used on, when set up for 2 pipe installation?
12. By manufactures standards, the maximum inlet or return pressure of the model B-8000 series fuel unit is?
13. What is the maximum nozzle capacity of the B2VA-8216 fuel unit?
14. The model B-8000 series fuel unit can be mounted in any position?
15. The maximum amount of vacuum the B-8200 series & the B-8800 series can be used on is?
16. The maximum nozzle capacity of the model B-8800 series is?
17. What is the pressure range of the B-8800?
18. The models B-8200 & B-8800 series fuel units are used on?
19. The models B-8200 & B-8800 series fuel units can be mounted in any position?
20. What is the maximum operating vacuum on the Suntec model J fuel unit used on a 2 pipe installation?
21. What is the maximum operating vacuum of a model H fuel unit on a 2 pipe installation?
22. What is the maximum nozzle capacity for a J3 at 1725 RPM?
23. What is the maximum nozzle capacity for the model H3BA-100?
24. Model J & H pumps are used on?
25. Suntec models J & H fuel units, which begin with double letters such as JA, JB, JJ, HA, HB or HH are used on 3450 rpm applications only.
26. The model C solenoid valve may be ordered as a "Time Delay" valve.
27. The model R solenoid valve may be ordered as a "Time Delay" valve.
28. The models C & R solenoid valve are rated to?
29. When priming any fuel unit, it is recommended to "wet" the gears so as to...
30. The use of Teflon Tape or compression fittings are permitted only...
31. When checking pressure on a standard fuel pump, the reading should be taken at the gauge port?
32. What is the average cut-off pressure for all model A & B series fuel units set at 100 psi?
33. The solenoid valve is wired...
34. The by-pass plug is installed on a 1 pipe installation, never on a 2 pipe installation.
35. In the oil tank, the return line should terminate approximately 3" - 4" above the supply line. Why?
36. On the model H series fuel unit, the piston must be mounted horizontally.
37. All fuel units in a boost pump application should be piped as a 2 pipe installation.
38. When selecting a boost pump size, what must be taken into consideration?
39. The amount of fuel moved by a model A-7000 fuel unit in a 2 pipe application is at least...
40. On either a gravity feed or a 2 pipe application, the distance from the top of the tank to the center line of the fuel unit, per NFPA limit, must not exceed...
41. On a single stage fuel unit piped single pipe, the vertical distance from the bottom of the tank to the center line of the pump should not exceed...
42. On a routine service call, the use of pressure and vacuum gauges are...
Last modified: January 2017